11th International Respiratory Syncytial Viral Symposium Travel Fellowship Award Policy
- Applicants must complete a Travel Award Application to be eligible for a Travel Award. The application must include a 300-word statement explaining how attending the 11th International Syncytial Viral Symposium will impact your studies or education.
- Priority will be given to applicants from an economically disadvantaged area. However, applicants from all countries are welcome to submit.
- Young scientists and early career researchers are particularly encouraged to complete the application and an abstract to present. To submit an abstract, click here.
- Applicants must currently work or study in the field of pediatric respiratory infectious diseases. Documentation must be submitted on their institution’s letterhead with a letter from the department head confirming their current position.
- One application per registrant.
- If you are unable to attach documentation at the time of completing the webform, please email the required documents.
- Submission deadline August 31, 2018.
- Notifications will be sent the first part of September 2018.
Travel Award Details
- Flight in/out of Asheville Regional Airport with an arrival of October 31, 2018 and departure of November 4, 2018. Flight must be approved by the committee prior to booking and must be booked no later than September 30, 2018.
- Four (4) nights at the Omni Grove Park Inn, based on availability.
- Reimbursement for ground transportation to/from the Asheville Regional Airport and the Omni Grove Park Inn.
- Complimentary registration fee including conference provided meals, except dinner on November 3, 2018 at The Biltmore Estate (Cost $50).
- All invited participants must have all Visa documentation approved and submitted to the RSV Symposium Organizing Committee no later than September 15, 2018 to book all travel no later than September 30, 2018.
- Travel Award Recipients are responsible for the all expenses including, but not limited to: baggage fees, flight change fees, costs associated with booking outside of conference dates or in/out of a different city, meals not provided at the conference, the Biltmore Dinner, tours, miscellaneous travel expenses.